What is Adenoacanthoma of the Ovary?Adenoacanthoma of the ovary is a very rare type of cancer of the ovary.
Disease CausesThere is no well-known cause however certain hereditary and genetic mutations are considered responsible for the development of adenoacanthoma of the ovary.
Signs and SymptomsThe patient may suffer from the following signs and symptoms. These are
- Pain in the right lower part of the abdomen
- Distension of the abdomen
- Swelling or lump in the abdomen or pelvic region
- Pain, pressure, or feeling of fullness in the abdomen(belly)
DiagnosisFollowing diagnostic tests and procedures can be used to make the diagnosis. These are
- Complete blood count ( CBC)
- Serum tumor markers
- Imaging techniques like ultrasonography (USG), CT-scan, MRI, and X-Ray to detect the site, size, and extent of the tumor.
- Pelvic examination through per- speculum examination of the vagina, cervix, and ovaries. A speculum is a gynecological instrument used to visualize the vaginal wall, cervix, uterus, and ovaries to detect any abnormality.